Re: WSRO/let's be civil.../community radio...

At 07:31 AM 4/24/98 EDT, ASchinella wrote:
 sorry, I will always be an idealist
>--  with like-minded people interested in doing quality radio, whatever the
>format.

The problems with this are, first of all, what is "quality radio"?  There
are many people on this list who think WXRV is the bees' knees, to me
they're incredibly boring and amateurish-sounding.  I'm sure there are many
who cringe at the type of radio I like (tight, high energy Top 40).
Secondly, how do you get (and keep) all these people on the same page?
It's tough enough to do this on a station with a defined format and chain
of command, let alone a setup with more chiefs than Indians.  Like so many
utopian communities thru the years, this idea works much better on paper
than in the real world.  As you  may have guessed, I lean toward
practicality, not idealism.

How much talk radio can a market support?