Almost 40 -- what *I* want...(was- let's be civil)

In a message dated 98-04-23 23:09:53 EDT, nuhuc@juno.com writes:

<< The big question for all of us as the population ages is:  what does
 TODAY'S  50 year old want? >>

I will be 39 in 44 days and you know what? Nothing on radio excites me or
makes me want to listen anymore, especially in the morning. I used to be a
BIG radio junkie and I've been thru it all in the last few years -- my rock
phase ( WBCN, WFNX), then I discovered WBUR, and then I started with WRKO.
Now when I'm in the car going to work, I usually  listen to Howard Stern
(really, sometimes he is very funny) or WRKO  but nothing gets me interested
on the ride home unless Howie Carr happens to be talking about something funny
or interesting (not that often) . Either the NPR shows got boring or I got
tired of them because even the topics on Morning Edition don't interest me
anymore.  I hate those loud gossipy morning dj's too. You know what???   I
wish there was more CHOICE of news stations or at least morning TALK stations
in this town, other than the syndicated shows (Stern and Imus).  There's no
competition - there are no billboards on buses anymore advertising any
stimulating talk shows like there used to be  -- Boston radio just hasn't got
much to recommend it anymore.  Whatever "Hot talk" is, that I've heard about
- -- - maybe it's time to give that a try.

just my $.02 --