Stations Lacking Perspective

    For many years my most reliable source of ABC Radio's "Perspective"
was the raw shortwave feed from the American Forces Radio and Television
Service (dropped in favor of satellite feeds several years ago).  I also
recall listening to the show at 2 or 3 a.m. each Monday on WROR Boston
back around 1980--that was handy as I was working an overnight shift as
a cashier back then.  WGIR Manchester stopped carrying "Perspective"
about 4 or 5 years ago and these days in Concord NH I find my best bet
to hear the show is WABC New York at 5:06 a.m. each Sunday (with a
little help from the timer recorder on the Radio Shack DX-392).  I just
got around to listening to the tape from 4/12 and after the first 15
minutes an ESPN Radio commentary aired, followed by several WABC promos
strung together.  My suspicions were confirmed when Father Paul Keenan
came on at 5:24 with an apology for satellite problems and proceeded to
launch into "the pre-dawn edition" of "Religion on the Line" (normally
heard after the 6 a.m. news).  This being Easter, he termed the early
start "our sunrise service."  It's a funny world where the flagship
station of ABC Radio has trouble getting a network feed.
    Last I knew, WTSN Dover and WASR Wolfeboro carried the network feed
of "Perspective" at 6:06 a.m. Sunday but at that early hour their
signals reach me only a few months of the year.  Any suggestions for
other sources of this program?  I know I could listen on the Internet,
but it's just not the same, y'know.  And how about Dr. Demento?  I
didn't get hooked on Dr. D. until his last days on WKXL-FM (circa 1991)
right here in Concord NH; then WZLX Boston dropped him.  About a year
later WHDQ Claremont picked up the show for an entire month or maybe two
before they lost the rights to a larger Vermont station that was out of
my range.