Gap-filling simulcasts? (Was Re: MESSAGE ID: 1EC610858)

>Joe Gallant wrote:
>Can anyone in this newsgroup tell us if WBPS-890 fills "gaps" in the signal
> area of WEZE-590 to the west of Boston?

        On your immediate question, in the daytime, yes; nighttime, no.
        If the WKOX C.P. gets built, that would be the way to fill in gaps
in Metro West for any station that needs it, in a big way. It would help
WKOX in the downtown Boston area, where, Dan Strassberg previously
suyggested, its signal may not be that great.
        On the question of what simulcast combinations could provide good
fill-ins of each others' gaps, even the current WKOX (still just 1 kW
night, I believe) and WNFT come to mind, although the combined nighttime
coverage area probably would still look something like an oval with the
long ends east-west and they'd have nothing going south of an east-west
line through, let's say, Brockton at best.