Re: FM128 v. Pru (was: WBOS signal)

<< Also, didn't many sticks _leave_ the Pru a while back due to
 > radiation concerns of tenants and other reasons?   >>

You have be confused with the Hancock... from what I understand, WBOS was on
top for a while, but the RF got into the elevator control system... generaly
screwed things up.
The story I heard went like this... The freight elevators are computer
controled... there's a sensor that determines how much weight is in the car
and applies the correct amount of force to lift it. So one day a service guy
gets in a freight car... the RF was playing havoc with the computer, the
elevator thought it was loaded with something like 10,000 lbs and applied the
force needed to lift that weight.

Scared the hell out of the service guy when he was thrown to the floor.

I can't vouch for the accuracy of this story... I heard it from Dirk Nadon,
current CE at WZID in Manchester.

Rob Walker
WALC/St Louis