FM128 v. Pru (was: WBOS signal)

<<On Sun, 12 Apr 1998 16:47:42 -0400, "Bill O'Neill" <billo@erols.com> said:

> If all things are somewhat (loosely put) equal, (FM128 to Pru) aren't the
> stations losing more RF to the whales and cod now that the sticks
> (non-directional) are astride the harbor?

Indeed, and it also cuts back on their coverage in the far western
fringes (i.e., Worcester County, which was just added to the ADI).
However, Greater Media apparently feels that this is more than
outweighed by the increased penetration of concrete-and-steel-beam
office buildings downtown.  By the way, WROR-FM is directional.

I hope that I'll be able to take one of the photos I took this weekend
and annotate them with my best guesses as to which items are which on
the roof of the Pru.  (It will probably be a week before I get them
back from the lab; I've had it with Qualex.)

> signals.  Also, didn't many sticks _leave_ the Pru a while back due to
> radiation concerns of tenants and other reasons?

Not in the four years that I've lived here.

- -GAWollman

- --