Re: WBZ, WRKO

<< I believe there is no residency requirement for US House or Senate. Correct
 me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Bobby Kennedy NOT a NY resident when he became a
 US Senator from NY?

 -Paul Hopfgarten
 Derry NH >>

The Constitution requires you to be a legal resident of a state to represent
that state in the House or Senate.  You do not have to be a resident of the
particular Congressional District that you are elected to represent, only a
resident of that state.  Bobby Kennedy was not a resident of NY when he
decided to run, but he made his legal residence NY for the purpose of the
election.  In the case of Clapprood, she is clearly legally eligible to run in
the 8th, but why would a district elected a Representative that does not live
in that district?   It is a political issue, not a legal issue.

Dan Billings
Bowdoinham, Maine