Re: MESSAGE ID: 1EC610858

- -----Original Message-----
From: NORIAC@mln.lib.ma.us <NORIAC@mln.lib.ma.us>
To: boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
<boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Date: Friday, April 03, 1998 1:03 PM
Subject: MESSAGE ID: 1EC610858

>(4) 1150 and the FM (probably 100.7) would simulcast a sports format 24
> hours a day. If CBS keeps WVEI in Worcester, it would be heard there as
> well.
>
>(5) Since CBS would NOT sell-off the sports programming when selling-off
> 850, the new WEEI AM/FM (1150/100.7?) would air ALL FIVE Boston-area pro
> teams (red Sox, Patriots, Bruins, Celtics, and Revolution) with conflicts
> handled by a combination of WBZ-FM and/or WBCN-FM and/or WODS-FM.

If this happened, it would be ironic as the old WCOP combo is re-united.
- -Paul Hopfgarten
Derry NH

BTW:
I think the 24/7 news to WNFT (changed to 1150-WEEI) and the sports to WBZ
ZLX will stay as is (pending what the "new" owners of WEGQ choose to do)

Hot Talk at WEGQ, either simulcasting WRKO or separate Talk programming?