No Subject

Subject: WAAF Strikes Again!

Yesterday, perhaps the most tasteless April Fool's prank on any area radio
 station was pulled off by (guess who?)--WAAF.

During the Greg Hill show (I didn't listen to it; I heard about it later
 on), there was a "news flash" claiming Boston Mayor Thomas Menino had
 been killed in a car accident enroute to work.

Mayor Menino today (Thursday) met reporters and said he was outraged at
 this prank. Reportadely, the Boston City Hall switchboards were jammed
 with calls, some from reporters from other news organizations wishing
 to confirm the news and to ask who would become acting mayor.

This alone should make CBS spin-off WAAF. In fact, maybe CBS should find
 a religious broadcaster to buy it for one reason and one reason only---
 even though I personally wouldn't like a high-power religious FM,
 such a sale would silence (unless they're hired elsewhere in the market)
 Greg "Mayor Menino Is Dead" Hill and of course, the appalingly racist
 afternoon team of Opie & Anthony, whose antics sometimes make Howard
 Stern look saintly!

If Greg Hill wanted to do an April Fool's gag about Menino, he should
 have done something like "Mayor Menino was hit by a pie from one of
 the City Councillors". By doing that, Hill might even have gotten the
 Mayor's cooperation and he could have done a "soundbite" complaining
 the pie was squash when he liked lemon murange (or whatever his favorite
 flavor of pie is!). But instead, The Hillman took a very low road.

This, in my opinion, is the most shameful moment I can ever remember in
 Boston radio.

Joseph Gallant

<notquite@hotmail.com>