Re: FJ no MA?

<< Curious, with the NH radio growth (FJ comes to mind), what would be the
odds
 of one of the NH radio groups taking a shot at some of the Boston
 properties?  Or are the economies of scale too far apart?
 Bill O'Neill

Fuller-Jeffery is a privately held company and I am not sure if they would
have the resources to get into the Boston market.  In recent years, they sold
their stations in Iowa and California and have invested in stations in Maine
and New Hampshire so that they now have large groups in both places.  I have
heard some speculate that their long term plan is to sell the whole group to a
larger company at some point.  Their stategy of building a large group in a
couple of markets seems to fit with that kind of strategy.

Saga concentrates on small and medium markets.  The largest markets that Saga
has stations in are Milwaukee and Norfolk.  It would not seem likely that they
would try to move into Boston.  It does not seem to fit with their business
strategy.

The other major player in NH is Capstar and they are owned by the same people
as Chancellor.

Dan Billings
Bowdoinham, Maine