Re: new Boston Arbitrons?

> > behold, it was written:
> >
> > >In Boston: Arbitron has decided to redefine the market and will
> consolidate
> > >the Boston and Worcester markets, making Boston the nation's sixth-
> largest
> > >market...
> >
> > Is this really going to happen?  It had been rumoured for ages... I
> wonder
> > how the Worcester folks ( many of whom had tried so hard to go their
> own way
> > and NOT be perceived as Boston stations) feel about this...
>
> Hmmm...I woulda thought that most of the Worcester stations *want* to be
> percieved as Boston stations....WAAF certainly seems to want to...

Well, All-Access reports in today's "Net News":
metro consolidating the BOSTON and
WORCESTER markets.

That's going to be bad news for many of the Worcester stations, except maybe WAAF.  WTAG, WXLO, and WSRS have formats that already exist in the Boston market, so they will see much lower ratings than they do now unless they try to target their programming toward Boston.  (WTAG can't even be received in Boston, can it?)

Rory Francisco - Danbury, Connecticut
*Any advertising below this line appears without my consent*

Get free e-mail and a permanent address at http://www.netaddress.com