Re: Burlington question

you wrote--

>My impression is that the moved occurred earlier--around 1940, but I could
>be wrong. WLAW moved from Andover to Burlington when it increased its power
>to 50 kW.

I don't think the move occurred in 1940 because I have old QSL cards and FCC
microfiche records that still list the transmitter in Andover well into the
mid-40s, but yes they did construct a Boston studio around 1940-ish (I have
the exact date somewhere...), and as I recall, the studio ended up at the
Hotel Bradford.  I don't think their first Boston studio was in the
Bradford, however.