WLAW dates

Dan wrote (and Donna didn't exactly know either)--

>My impression is that the moved occurred earlier--around 1940, but I could
>be wrong. WLAW moved from Andover to Burlington when it increased its power
>to 50 kW.

Okay, here is what the FCC microfiche says:

"The C.P. to move the transmitter site from River Road, Andover, MA to
Great Meadow Road, Burlington, MA was granted 3/20/46.  A license to
cover the C.P. was granted 5/20/47.  An earlier application for a C.P.
to change the transmitter site was made on 2/24/41, but was dismissed
without prejudice on 6/23/42.

As to the Boston studio, the microfiche files only show where the Main
Studio was located.  The Hotel Bradford, 275 Tremont St., Boston, MA
studio became the Main Studio on 12/12/51."

But as I said earlier, I recall a clipping from the Eagle Tribune that gave
the address of some other location for the first studio... I am sure I can
find it.