Re: where are the proofers???

At 12:08 PM 3/28/98 -0500, you wrote:

>PS:  Then again, I am amazed at horrible consistent mispellings on much of
>the e-mail I receive, notwithstanding mistakes I often make.  But at least,
>I usuall spell-check, and try to abide by the standard rules of English.

Spell checking is only available if you have the right software. I use
Eudora Light and it has no spell checker. If I want to continue using a
product from this family, I must upgrade to Eudora Pro. Not terribly
expensive, but it just never seemed important enough to bother with. I proof
my e-mails, but I never catch all of the mistakes. I think the e-mail
culture has become tolerant of mistakes. You rarely see an e-mail without a
mistake.

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205