Re: Grahm Jr. College

When I was at Grahm from 1977-79, we moved WKLB from 632 Beacon
(where all the TV/Radio studio/classrooms were) to Kenmore Hall  on
Commonweath Ave. It was the former Kenmore Hotel that was renovated
into elderly housing after Grahm closed. That building contained the
dorms and classrooms. By 1977, Grahm had already sold the Hotel
Buckminster..the wedge shaped building between Beacon and Brrokline
Ave...that prior to Grahm contained WNAC.  As late as the early 80s
barely visible was a faded billboard painted on the brick wall facing
towards Fenway Park that said  WRKO...Now Radio 680.  I don't think
Grahm ever had studios in what was the old WNAC. The studios at 632
Beacon looked like they had been there many years.

The first year I was at Grahm...the PD of 640 WKLB was Steve Strick
who went on to work for WBCN and I believe later WFNX. The next year
Tony Novia held the post.  Tony is now the CHR reporter for Radio and
Records and has a weekly column.