Sports talk

<<  In the general case of sports (and regular) call-in shows being boring ,
  I wholeheartedly agree.  But, when in the hands of a talented announcer,
  a sports call-in show can be very entertaining.>>

There are only two sports talk shows I find truly entertaining.  One is Mike
and the Mad Dog on WFAN.  Even though they discuss New York sports, They
combine genuine sports knowledge with entertainment, something that few in the
sports talk format know how to do.  The show is well produced and the callers
are carefully screened to allow the talent to shine, which is something that
sports radio in these parts can't seem to master.

The other show I like, and it's not everyone's cup of tea, is Ferrell on the
Bench.  The guy is an entertainer first, and the format is so different than
most sports talk shows that it's compelling to listen to.  The heavy metal
music and the grating voice will probably turn off most older listeners, but
that's not his audience.  If your jazzed on java late one night, tune him
in--he rocks.

Mike Thomas, WERZ & Premiere Radio Networks