Campbell Sports Network (was: Red Sox on WHCT)

     How old man Campbell got the rights for both the Red Sox and the Bruins
was beyond me.  It took over four weeks to get even a cheap tin-box sounding
from Plymouth.  Like the folks at WHAV, I had to jury-rig a FM receiver to
get the game.  I had the 6:00-midnight shift at WBET/Brockton.  It was a
real letdown when the direct feed was activated.  My old CE at the time
had a "spirited" conversation with Jack Campbell himself and said that he
was disgusted with the quality of the feed.  In the next couple of years
that WBET carried the Red Sox and the Bruins, the feed still sucked.....
BIG TIME.

- -Pete-

Peter Q. George, N1GGP                  *  "Scanning the bands since 1967 !"
33 Stetson St., Apt. 2                  *                  +
Whitman, Massachusetts  02382           *                  |
USA                                     *      73         +|+    de N1GGP
PGEORGE@wellesley.edu                   *                 /|\
XERB@bigfoot.com                        *                 +|+
pqgeorge@hotmail.com                    *                 /|\