Re: "Black Monday" at WGIR-FM.

Donna Halper wrote:

> Speaking of WGIR-FM, that brings to mind the subject of being fired
> unexpectedly.  Do any of you good folks have a story about the first time
> you got fired, or a time when you got caught in a format change, or had
> great numbers but got fired anyway?  Surely I was not the only one... <g>

I have a recent story of being fired, but since it doesn't involve radio I
won't go too far into the details. A month after I was let go (due to
finaancial constraints within the company), I found out that this business is
being sold. The soon-to-be owners are giving the remainder of the staff the
familiar line that "there will be no changes". I'm kind of glad I won't be
there when the mass-firings take place after the new owners take over. At
least I wasn't lied to...

Just another day in the fun-filled retail industry...

Doug Bassett
West Brattleboro, Vt.