Re: MESSAGE ID: 1EC610858

On Tue, 17 Mar 1998 NORIAC@mln.lib.ma.us wrote:

> As an example of the latter, the only record of a complete newscast of a
>  certain (it's call letters escape me) TV station in South Dakota from
>  1963-1964 (?) that still exists happens to exist because it's anchor,
>  Tom Brokaw, had a 16mm kinescope made so he could send it to WSB-TV in
>  Atlanta, where he was subseuqnetly hired as a reporter. When Brokaw
>  left the "Today" show in 1982 to become anchor of NBC's evening newscast,
>  about 20 seconds of this kinescope aired as part of a review of Brokaw's
>  career up to that point on his final "Today" show.

A kinescope, not a videotape?  Why?  Videotape was in widespread use by
the late 50s.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                         617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                                      lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503                       http://world.std.com/~lawyer/