Re: LOW POWER FM, what a concept !!

<< Dan Billings wrote:
 >>I suspect the FCC's consideration of this issue is a result of the
 decision in the Radio Free Berk[e]ley case.<<

 Indirectly, at most.  It seems to be more in response to several recently
 filed formal petitions for rulemaking.  The period for filing written
 comments on at least one of them, Docket No. RM-9208, "Petition for a
 Microbroadcasting Service", may still be open.  More information is
 available somewhere on the vast and intricate FCC web site. >>

I happily stand correctly.  Does this mean that we really do have an open
system and the people are free to petition their government?  Where is the
movement by the corporate broadcasters to stamp out competition?  Maybe all
the rhetoric from the pirates was simply excuses to avoid doing hard work?
Criminals always have excuses for why the system is against them even if that
is not the case.

Dan Billings
Bowdoinham, Maine