Re: WEVD (was WFAN New York)

some nice person wrote--

>Hitler may have been most successful at reducing the size of the world
>Jewish population, but I don't see where he reduced the U.S. Jewish
>population.  He may have increased it, to the extent that refugees could
>get into this country.

Yes, but the United States had policies (only recently uncovered) which not
only limited but out and out stalled Jewish refugees from coming here.  Sec.
of State Cordell Hull wrote memoranda to foreign embassies advising them to
stall any Jews trying to get visas.  Donna recommends the video "The
Hololcaust-- deceit and indifference", which clearly details these policies
and the damage they did.  So in theory, refugees could come to America, but
in reality, it took a long time for the US to decide to allow them to come
here, by which time, millions had been killed.

Making the segué back to radio, my original point was not about whether Jews
for Jesus should be on a Jewish station or whether the Buddhist hour should
be on a Christian station.  I was merely wondering out loud how the various
religious groups currently not using radio would be able to do so in the
future when the majority of religious stations are in fact run by
Christians, who certainly have the right to put whatever they want on their
station (and exclude what they don't want).

I for one would like to see a certain amount of political campaigning and a
certain percentage of religious broadcasts aired for free-- but since
stations derive massive income from these two areas, I doubt it will ever
happen.