Re: WEVD (was WFAN New York)

Rob Landry wrote:

> Can a commercial broadcaster like Salem legally discriminate against Jews
> or other non-Christians looking to buy time?  If so, that's yet another
> reason (in my humble opinion) to discourage this sort of thing on the
> public airwaves.

Let's put the shoe on the other foot: if "Jews for Jesus" tried to buy time
on  WEVD, owned by the Jewish Daily Forward, it would offend the station's
audience.  WEVD would have an understandable business-related reason to
turn them down.

And if the broadcaster has a religious as well as a commercial interest,
this "discrimination" is a matter of the free exercise of religion.

Maybe I still have a libertarian streak from my upbringing in New Hampshire
:-)

Best wishes--
- ---
Richard Aquinas Chonak, rac@gabriel.cambridge.ma.us