Re: Hotlining jocks (was Re: bathroom problems)

> > What could be so earth-shatteringly important that the consultant or PD
> > would feel the need to hotline the jock in the middle of their show?
The
> > only excuse I can think of would be doing something to put the
station's
> > license in jeopardy.  Is this practice still around today?
>
> Sure.  Our PD does it all the time, whenever the fancy strikes him.
>
> Rob Landry

It was a Christmas day/eve at a station (I 'wish' I could remember the
calls) and I inadvertently swapped the order of two songs at the bottom of
the hour - they both ran, but out of order.  The PD called the hotline to
ask what the problem was.  (This was Christmas night around 6:30 at the
tail end of a 40 min music sweep...)   File under Happy *bust it* Holiday
(as the AP once ran copy that fed incorrectly!)  Bill