Re: Other neat stuff in radiostation.com

At 01:39 PM 8/3/97 +0000, you wrote:
>I don't know anything about channel 17, but I have seen a few New England
>changes in the database. Seeing that I am not that much of a "radio person"
>(not in the business, just a hobbyist), I'd like to know what they mean, in
>plain English. The most interesting thing is (and I don't know if it has
>already been mentioned) is the transfer of WNSH from Robet B. Cutler to Neil
>Whitehouse - it is listed under a "voluntary transfer or ownership". Could
>this station switch from religion (or whatever it is) along with the
>transfer? Then an "application to cover" for WZPK, Berlin, NH. And for
>WBNC-FM in Conway, an application to modify. Are any of these changes
>significant, or are they just ordinary day-to-day?
>
>                                                            - Keith Barry
>                                                              barry@meol.mas
>s.edu

I find www5.jagunet.com/~kodis/station.html to be clearer and more
satisfying. One of the neat things for me are the plots of
directional-antenna patterns. BTW www5 is correct.

In the Kodis site, you will find each application or CP listed as a separate
"station". In fact, for AMs, the day and night facilities appear as separate
"stations." The site isn't perfect. If a station applies to move its TX, it
may take a number of searches to find the second site. The same problem
affects locating the day and night facilities of AM stations that operate
from separate day and night sites.

The way to find out about WZPK's application to cover is to look at each of
the listings for WZPK. One (or more) will be for the old facilities. One (or
more) will be for the new facilities. One will probably be listed as
"license". One will be listed as "construction permit."

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205