Re: Red Sox on WHDH?

On Sun, 3 Aug 1997, Dan Strassberg wrote:

> I thought KFO, Burr Tillstrom, Fran Allison, et al were the most charming,
> gentle spirits on TV. I think the music on KFO was done by the Art Van Damme
> Quintet. Van Damme was definitely headquartered in Chicago where KFO
> originated and he played some of the smoothest, most delightful
> straight-ahead jazz ever heard (I think it's now called cocktail music).
>
> Anyhow, my favorite KFO episode was the one in which Fletcher Rabbit was
> giving the others a tour of a chocolate factory right before Easter. He fell
> into a large vat of chocolate, instantly turning himself into a chocolate
> bunny. I guess you had to be there and watch it in that bygone era to
> appreciate the gentle humor.
>
> Remember Oliver J Dragon dialing the telephone with his one tooth?

My favorite was when Ollie taught the others to sing a song in Dragonese.
"Ee-grilch ge-dunk-dunk"  means "I love youuuu."

BTW, I managed, a few years ago, to find a video which contains two
15-minute KFO episodes.

  A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                          617.367.0468
  15 Court Square                                       lawyer@world.std.com
  Boston, MA 02108-2503                        http://world.std.com/~lawyer/