Re: Red Sox on WHDH?

At 06:16 PM 8/2/97 +0000, you wrote:

>The first
>program to come on, at 5:00, was Kukla, Fran, and Ollie.  After that was
>Howdy Doody.

My folks didn't get their first TV set until sometime in the 50s when I had
already left for college. There were no TVs in the RPI dorms in those days
either. So the only TV I got to see was when I visited the girl I dated for
a while or when I went home for holidays and vacations.

I thought KFO, Burr Tillstrom, Fran Allison, et al were the most charming,
gentle spirits on TV. I think the music on KFO was done by the Art Van Damme
Quintet. Van Damme was definitely headquartered in Chicago where KFO
originated and he played some of the smoothest, most delightful
straight-ahead jazz ever heard (I think it's now called cocktail music).

Anyhow, my favorite KFO episode was the one in which Fletcher Rabbit was
giving the others a tour of a chocolate factory right before Easter. He fell
into a large vat of chocolate, instantly turning himself into a chocolate
bunny. I guess you had to be there and watch it in that bygone era to
appreciate the gentle humor.

Remember Oliver J Dragon dialing the telephone with his one tooth?

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205