Re: FOX, Manchester, NH format switch

BUMP MARTIN wrote:

> > Subject: Re: FOX, Manchester, NH format switch
> >
> > This amazes me, they did NOTHING to promote the station very well, nor
> did they
> > program it very well.  Yet, they expecting results with the first year
> or so???
>
> Aren't there a lot of these stations?
>
> WSTG in Hampton was another one.....Can anyone else add any?
>
> BM

WVNH, Salem, NH,  in 1977.  Signed on in January.  Half the staff fired
in February when the owners didn't immediately make all their money
back.
They were comprised mostly of local business and political types who
knew nothing about radio...and it didn't take them long to run the
station into the ground.

Dan Cole
WTSN / WBYY
Dover, NH