Re: WMEX-WITS (Red Sox)

At 07:49 PM 7/31/97 +0000, you wrote:

>> Until WITS got 50,000 watts night power in late 1981, WMEX/WITS had to
>>  simulcast Red Sox night games on one (or more) area FM stations to be

It was 1981, all right, but I think it was BEFORE the start of the baseball
season--March if memory serves. Both WITS and WGTR were building new
facilities at the time. WITS got on the air first, if I recall. The previous
fall and that spring, I was very busy driving out to Ashland (including one
trip at 3:00 AM while WGTR was testing) and walking to the WITS site, which
is four miles by car or foot from my house.

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205