Re: WCCM to be sold...

>->>
>> Yea, I don't like the thought of the demogogues <sp?> who run the
>> Eagle-Tribune controlling even more of the media in the area.  Not only
>do
>> they publish the most slanted paper in the area, they also publish
>several
>> of the local weeklies, including, I believe, The Andover Tradesman and
>The
>> Derry News.
>>
>> Might this violate some of the laws on media concentration?
>>
>> Larry Weil
>> Salem, NH
>
>Larry, define "slanted" in you context.
>
>(IMHO) The Derry News (which IS a E-T owned paper) is too liberal....
>always slaming the local Taxpayers' Group
>and editorializing how Derry needs to spend more $!
>

>Paul Hopfgarten
>Derry NH

The reason I call the Eagle-Trib slanted is because they let their
editorial position influence their news coverage.  I really don't give a
damn what they say on the editorial page, but please keep it there!!  I buy
a paper to get the facts, I am fully capable of forming my own opinions.

I've seen too many times when a national story was on the front page of
nearly every every paper in the country, but the Eagle-Trib either didn't
carry it at all or burried it in a one or two sentence summary two days
later on an inside page, if the facts of the story go against their
position on some issue.

My real concern, to keep on the subject of this list, is that since the
Eagle-Trib has the highest saturation of any newspaper in it's coverage
area, I am concerned about them controlling a radio station also.

A little off topic, I wonder, since the Lowell Sun has just been sold,
whether the non-compete agreement between them and the Eagle-Trib will
continue?

Larry Weil
Salem, NH