Occupational Hazards by Johnny Aorta & the Heartbeats :07/3:56/F

>      Probably one of the most depressing songs in the history of pop
> music was this one.  "I'm Not Lisa" rates a distant second.  Now..... how
> bout some good stuff from the same era ?  I would put "If You Leave Me
Now"
> from Chicago, "Don't Go Breakin' My Heart" from Elton and Kiki and
"Today's
> The Day" from America as some of my favorites from the Bicentenial
(1976).
> I was 16 at the time, and ......well.....you know what being 16 was about
!
> A HELL OF A LOT BETTER THAN 17 !!! :-)
>
> -Ahhhhh, youth !!!
>
> -Pete-

Something happened to my brain's music memory chip working at an AC station
(50s, 60s, 70s, some 80s) - I started to remember songs by 'artist', length
of song, talk-up, ending f/c!  (If you play them enough, occupational
hazard??)  This seemed to outweigh where I was when I first *heard* the
song as a kid, etc.  For instance, I would be someplace and on a radio
would come 'The Letter' by the Boxtops and I;d have this urge to blurt out
"A minute fifty seven with a fade.. "   (One way to get people to give you
lots of space on the train platform.  So, of course, I had no friends, but
seriously folks.....)  Am I the only one with this type of condition
condition?

Bill

P.S.  The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald beats seven minutes.  #1 Bathroom
song.  Always a bonus when that came up on rotation.