Re: Occupational Hazards by Johnny Aorta & the Heartbeats :07/3:5

> "American Pie" is another one that's good for bathroom breaks.  But
nothing
> beats a symphony.  Unless you're playing a record that suddenly develops
> case of the scratchies.  Then it can't finish soon enough.  Always fun
when
> you really *need* the bathroom, and you're the only one in the station
that
> early in the morning....
>
> Ed Hennessy

Sheesh.  Bathroom stories.  What have I done?  I'm flush with
embarrassment...  But, heck, while I'm at it, the worst studio-to-lavatory
arrangement had to be the WSSH studios in Woburn (current home of 1510?)
You had to exit to the left, take a right, *run* down a long hallway past
the offices, conference room, then go right through the open sales area.
The kitchen was way out there as well.  It could not have possibly been
farther from point to point except for the jock lounge.  With no PC to
segue for you, four minutes including travel time was the whole daytrip
(particularly for lowly weekenders.)

I always marveled at the fact that in the old HDH/COZ studios on Stuart
St., there was actually a telephone extension in the men's room stall
closest to the outside wall.  (Although this writer never picked it up,
fearing it was a hotline to either the xmtr or Red Cab.)  Rumour had it
that one of the brass liked to be able to have contact with the staff 'at
all times'.  (Obvious pre-cellphone accomodation.)  Makes you wonder - it
the boss is calling you from the can, does that mean you ARE worth a s***?

Bill O'Neill