RE: WCCM to be sold...

BUMP MARTIN wrote:

>From the Eagle-Tribune....

>Lawrence-A partnership of broadcasting entrepeneur Patrick J. Costa and
>a sister company of the Eagle-Tribune is negotiating to buy radio
>station WCCM.
>[snip]
>Costa-Eagle Radio VEntures owns WNNW, a spanish language station
>broadcasting from Salem, New Hampshire, and WHAV a spanish >language
station in Haverill.

Interesting turnabout in the Eagle-Tribune's view of broadcsting.
 Considering the Rogers family's original disposal of WLAW.

>[snip]
>If the deal is completed, Mr. Costa plans to shift it's English language
>, new-talk format to WNNW and convert the Lawrence station to spanish-
>language programming. [snip]
>WNNW at 5,000 watts has a more powerful transmitter than  WCCM's >1,000
watts. "The stronger station could carry English-language >programming
throughout the area, leaving WCCM to focus on Lawrence, >where the
Hispanic population is more concentrated. [snip]

True.  If the studios are still in Lawrence, it could be a very "Local
Station".

>As recently as last week, Mr. Gowdy was nearing an agreement to sell
>WCCM to Larence auto dealer Charles Daher.

What's the fascination auto-dealers have w/radio stations?

>Mr. Daher said lawyers >for both parties were reviewing final papers
when >Mr. Gowdy reported he had a higher offer for the station.  "I
thought we >had a deal", Mr Daher said

LAWYER QUESTION:  Could you do the same thing when selling your house?
 Shouldn't the purchaser of a radio station have a signed P&S agreement?