Re: Donn Parker at WMEX

On Sun, 27 Jul 1997, Donna Halper wrote:

> Since several people asked, I got in touch with Donn and as he recalls,
> "I came to WMEX on July 1, 1958 and left December 31, 1962.  My show was from
> 5pm until 8pm...followed by Joe Smith and then, Arnie "WooWoo" Ginsburg.
> Jerry Williams was on from 10 til 1 am with bis talk show.  My regular
> Saturday hop was at the Lakeview Ballroom, Foxboro.  WooWoo did the Surf on
> Fridays and Mel "Melvin X" Miller did the Canoe Club in West Bridgewater on
> Saturdays.  I filled in for WooWoo a few times."
>
> Now, I had thought he was with WMEX later than 1962... go figure...

And I am quite sure that I didn't hear him, at least not under his own
name, when I first started listening to WMEX in summer 1962.  But then, I
also never heard a Joe Smith.  Could they have been using house names at
that time?

I think I remember Donn Parker later, but I think he was on WRKO by that
time.

  A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                          617.367.0468
  15 Court Square                                       lawyer@world.std.com
  Boston, MA 02108-2503                        http://world.std.com/~lawyer/