Re: Small School Stations...

On 26 July 1997 at 12:25 a.m., you wrote:

>On Fri, 25 Jul 1997, Scott D Fybush wrote:
>
>> > At one time, WHSR was also on the AM band? Does anyone know how they could
>> > have gotten alloted to the AM band? (I understand they went FM in the early
>> > 1970s, and dark in the late 1980s.)
>>
>> Carrier-current, I suspect.
>
>Then again, it occurs to me, just what good is carrier-current for a high
>school station?  There are no dorms to broadcast to.  Could
>carrier-current be set up to broadcast to homes in the town of Winchester?

I was told by the gentleman that indeed it was a *broadcast* AM, not
carrier-current. It was somewhere around 1450 on the dial. Obviously, this
would be before WNBP moved to that frequency. As I said, I thought the
station was on AM until the 1970s. I'll try digging some stuff up.

Sean Smyth
Smyth Sports Enterprises
10 Linley Terrace
South Boston, Mass. 02127
617/268-7012
Metropolitan Boston's leader in local sports broadcasting
ssmyth@tiac.net