Re: RIP WFCC?

On 26 July 1997 at 12:36 a.m., you wrote:

>On Sat, 26 Jul 1997, Keith Barry wrote:
>
>> Okay - when a station is #1 - change it! I turned on WFCC tonight expecting
>> to hear classical but instead hearing COUNRTY. It is I.D.ing as "New Country
>> WH_ _" (can't understand the last two letters). But all commercials are for
>> businesses in Auburn. Hmmm. And the signal strength is a whole lot more than
>> WFCC ever was. And programming was normal as of noon today. What is going on
>> here?
>
>Are you sure you had the right station?  Is there a station near Auburn
>and near WFCC in frequency that broadcasts country?

I am guessing one of two things: a.) Keith was listening to a pirate (could
it have been the We ate Hot Dogs for Lunch guys from Braintree??); or more
likely b.) he picked up a station through a tropo opening or an eskip. (Is
that what the FM DXing folks call them?) There is no way a station could be
out in Auburn anywhere near that 107.5 frequency, because of WAAF.

Then again, maybe WAAF went COUNTRY? No, I am just in the middle of a bad
dream. :-)

Sean Smyth
Smyth Sports Enterprises
10 Linley Terrace
South Boston, Mass. 02127
617/268-7012
Metropolitan Boston's leader in local sports broadcasting
ssmyth@tiac.net