Re: Donn Parker / WMEX circa 1960

>When I listened in 1962 (after WCOP flipped formats), Mel Miller was on
>from 10 to noon, and Dan Donovan from 12 to 3 or so.  Melvin X. Melvin
>(Who was also Mel Miller) was on from something like 3 to 6, and "The
>Jones Boy" was on from 6 to 8.  Or maybe 5 to 8.  I thought Donn Parker
>came along much later.

>  A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                          617.367.0468
>  15 Court Square                                       lawyer@world.std.com
>  Boston, MA 02108-2503                        http://world.std.com/~lawyer/
Your recollections ALMOST match mine for 1962.  At that time Mel Miller was
PD and doing 10 to noon, the Jones boy (Bill Jones) did noon to 3PM.  Fenway
was still doing morning drive.  But I'm just about positive that Donn Parker
was at WMEX circa 1960--61 doing the 6 to 8PM shift just before Arnie's show.

During that time, 'MEX used deejay names like Dan Donovan and Melvin X. Melvin
sort of generically.  There were (at least) 2 or 3 Dan Donovans and 2 or 3
Melvin X. Melvins.

I recall that one of the later Melvin X. Melvins was Joe Jeffries (aka J.J.
Jeffrey), who was at at WRKO (AM 680) in the late 60's.
Take care--

Glenn Spatola
gspatola@tscnet.com
(360) 871-8237