WSME Sanford

<<On Wed, 23 Jul 1997 21:22:46 -0400 (EDT), Dib9@aol.com said:

> Does anyone know if the audio problems is a regular thing or a new problem?

Last time I was in the area and bothered to check it out, it was just
as awful.  No legal IDs, either.

>  I'm not sure why they even had the station on the air it sounded so
>  bad.

Keeping the license alive...

>  Are there are rules about this kind of thing?

Yes, but none of them prohibit stations from broadcasting a
poor-quality, distorted audio source... after all, modern rock
stations do it all the time :-) .  So long as the transmitter output
meets the technical requirements, they're well within the rules.  Who
knows, someday the FCC might even actually care enough again to
enforce them!

- -GAWollman

- --