Re: WPZE / WEZE

On Tue, 22 Jul 1997, Garrett Wollman wrote:

> <<On Tue, 22 Jul 1997 17:47:15 -0400, mwaters@wesleyan.edu (Martin J. Waters) said:
>
> >         The nighttime signal of WPZE is very poor. It doesn't cover
> > anything approaching the whole market at night. You can't listen to it
> > driving along big chunks of 128. I'm surprised anyone but religious /
> > ethnic / time broker-type broadcasters would have any interest in it,
> > unless WXKS or WILD wanted to upgrade.
>
> HOWEVER, if you think about 1260 as a combination play with 1200, it
> makes a lot more sense.  Even an upgraded 1200 signal will be highly
> directional to the east, and adding 1260 to that might make sense from
> the perspective of night-time coverage.

It's certainly possible. But I hear a talkshow(with really bad
sound quality call-in lines) in French Creole on 1260 tonight. I dont
know if this is still Salem's effort or the new owners have already
arranged a leasing agreement for 1260(they are even airing
advertising, so I assume this is a pretty organized operation like
Radio Concorde)...Isnt AM 1330 leased exclusively by Radio Concorde
nowdays?

- -Mark