Re: Oldies 1-0-3 POINT 3

Gary wrote:
>Why have they suddenly added the "point three" to the logo.  All of the
jocks are using it, the promos are using it and even the Charlie Van Dyke
liners and sweepers are using it.

Actually, I am hearing some stations saying DOT three rather than POINT
three, to emphasise their web-sites and to appear up with the latest in Net
terminology... what's really funny is watching non-computer literate folks
(such as the anchors on WBZ-TV news) reading web-sites incorrectly...

Research I have seen about vague dial position (Kiss 108-- where is 108???)
indicates that people often have no idea what station they are listening to
- -- even in their own home or store; passives don't pay that close attention,
unless some major event or their favourite song is on.   So, if you can make
it more specific for them, it helps them in their recall for Arbitron or
whoever... in an over-radio'd universe, stations with a specific identifier
or a cute slogan  that is memorable are more likely to be recalled when
ratings services are trying to get the passives to tell what they are
listening to...