RE: Hello and Help!

At 01:52 PM 7/19/97 +0000, you wrote:

>From my experience Unix systems seem to be a lot more reliable than DOS or
>Windows systems -- but then, your mileage may vary.

OTOH, Compaq's recent acquisition of Tandem seems to foretell of Intel-based
fault-tolerant systems running some (probably customized) verion of Windows
NT. I think it's inevitable that the Intel/Microsoft axis will try to muscle
into the mission-critical computing game. It's been a rather lucrative niche
market until now--mostly involved in telecommunications and on-line
transaction processing for financial institutions, but the concept is likely
to spread and pervade a wide variety of industries.

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205