RE: Ratings.

Michael T. wrote:

>Howard wrote:

>> And how long before ARS tries  something new on EGQ?

>Maybe now?  While grazing, I heard "Do You Believe In Magic" during >AM
>drive today.  No comment from the talent about it being a 1960's song,
>of course, it just was there after a spot.  I  had to look down to
>confirm the station setting.  Technically, this is a break in the
>format.

Rumor has it the song "Do You Believe In Magic" was a nod to how well
Magic 106 did in the latest ratings. (compared to EGQ)

Also, I understand Barry Scott's "Lost 45's" is now on Sunday nights at
The Beagle.

This is probably just another turn of the crank in the "Formats of
 93.7".  Since I moved to Lawrence in '67, it's been AOTR (All Over The
Road) Rock Garden, Blue Suede, Cheryl Ann's Favorite Oldies (Shame Shame
by The Magic Lanterns comes to mind), pure 70's, hybrid 70's, etc. etc.