Re: WBOQ and 104.9FM

On Wed, 16 Jul 1997, Sean P. Smyth wrote:

> Downtown is primarily WRBB instead of WBOQ, although you could probably get
> the latter if you turned your radio the right way. I have picked up the
> Northeastern station in the Haymarket area quite clearly, so the low
> wattage on 104.9 apparently gets out quite well. Meanwhile, WBOQ has its
> transmitter in Gloucester, which makes it really hard to hear the station
> on the ower end of the North Shore, specifically East Boston and Winthrop.

I've gotten WBOQ while driving on Storrow Drive, but I can't get it at all
in my office.  At home in Brookline, I can get it on some radios, but not
others, by turning the antenna in the right direction.

On the other hand, I've gotten quite good reception of WBOQ as far south
as Stoughton and Brockton, once I've gotten beyond the range of WRBB.

  A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                          617.367.0468
  15 Court Square                                       lawyer@world.std.com
  Boston, MA 02108-2503                        http://world.std.com/~lawyer/