Re: WBOQ and 104.9FM

At 06:42 PM 7/16/97 +0000, you wrote:

>I heard talk several years ago that the old owner, the Tanger brother who
>sold the station to his brother, was trying to negotiate something with
>WRBB so that W-BACH could see its signal improve downtown. Haven't heard
>about it since.

I've never understood why 10w WRBB couldn't move to 104.7. Yes it's 200 kHz
from WXLO and 600 kHz from WBCN, but WZBC, which is a lot more than 10W, is
only 600 kHz away from WGBH-FM and WBUR-FM. I suspect that the only station
that would lose any listeners at all would be WXLO, and I don't think WXLO
would lose very many.

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205