Re: WNMH, NorthEast Radio Watch 7/10: On and Off The Air

At 08:08 PM 7/15/97 +0000, you wrote:

>As of this morning (perhaps earlier than that, as I've been out of the area
>for the last week), they are IDing legally about every 10 minutes or so with
>"WNMH Northfield, Gill, Keene, Brattleboro", occasionally with the phrase
>"91 and a half days of summer".

Now THAT's DAMNED clever! If you divide 365.25 (the .25 is the leap-year
allowance), you get 91.3125. Since summer is 1/4 of a year, it really is
very close to 91 and a half days long. Besides the fact that there are no
officially commercial stations in the US in the vicinity of 91.3, I doubt
that anyone in commercial radio would give the audience credit for being
able to figure out WHY the slogan is so clever. If I lived up that way, I'd
listen for a while just on the strength of the clever slogan. I imagine I'd
tune out before too long, though, because I wouldn't like the music.

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205