Re: They forget where they came from......

<<On Sat, 12 Jul 1997 11:54:31 -0400 (EDT), KEVIN VAHEY <kvahey@dnsmain.vw.org> said:

>   This new era is all well and good, but in all honesty how long do you
> think it is going to take the local Boston area cable systems to upgrade
> to handle the new channels? Media One still has trouble passing stereo on
> some cable stations.

Not very long, since it's very much in their best interest to be able
to expand capacity ten-fold....  All it takes is new equipment in the
head-end for a traditional analog system.  The ones which will have
trouble are the ones who have built extenive hybrid fiber-coax
networks... like MediaOne.

- -GAWollman

- --