Re: They forget where they came from......

<<On Sat, 12 Jul 1997 00:31:32 -0400 (EDT), "'A. Joseph Ross'" <lawyer@world.std.com> said:

>> Of course it will.  In Advanced TV, programs are never known by their
>> physical channel (multiplex) numbers.  Depending on how things work
>> out, it's entirely possible that programs will slosh around among a
>> whole set of multiplexes as market conditions warrant.

> Huh?

If I'm channel 68, for example, then I might choose to pay channel 4
to carry some of my programming on their multiplex, which gets better
cable carriage, and lease out the bandwidth on my own multiplex.  I
would inform the local broadcasters' association of this arrangement,
and the local virtual channel map would be updated to reflect the
presence of virtual channel 68 (with program ID such-and-so) on a
different multiplex (physical channel 30 instead of physical channel
32).

- -GAWollman

- --