Re: History Timelines etc

some nice person wrote--

> Donna is it possible they used both studios at first?

Yes-- very temporarily.  This is an old radio debate:  when was the first
broadcast-- the day they turned on the transmitter and ran a test pattern or
teh day they did their first show?  Their printed history, which I got from
Gordon Swan, does say they were forced to run some tests from the Bradford,
and even when on 9 June 1948 they officially (?) did their first broadcast
from the new building, it wasn't finished yet.  I'll ask Gordon-- he's a
sweetheart and I enjoy talking with him.  He ought to be able to settle it--
he was THERE.