Re: FW: Oops 7/4...and WRKO!

To All:

#1) ARS has trashed WRKO, no question about....

However, I think that having 1260/WNAC=680/WRKO is not going to compute
with the vast majority of listeners ('BZ had no frequency or call letter
changes {WBZA not withstanding} since NARBA, and many more people will
remember.

Most people will say FOX64 when you ask "Have you heard of WNAC?"

On this _one_ idea, I think 'RKO is probably not wrong _not_ having an
anniversary (at least not 75 years)

Question, how (in general) would you time-line a station?

Since 680's ownership has changed many times, would not the start date of
WLAW be the more accurate place to start

(Should 92.9 WBOS be traced back to W67B?, which was BZ-FM's first home,
and 92.9 as their first FM station on the current band?)

(Should WJMN do one back to 'HDH-FM?, or BCN back to thier "actual" start
time, and not their 1968 "Rock" beginnings?)

See my point?

Hope I'm not sounding upset, I'm just offering another "side" to the
discussion.

Paul Hopfgarten
Derry NH

boston-radio-interest@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu