Re: Whither WMVU?

At 01:58 AM 7/8/97 +0000, you wrote:

>Kevin Landrigan, the statehouse correspondent for the Nashua Telegraph,
>writing in his usual Sunday commentary column , dropped this bombshell in
>the middle of yesterday's piece, in a discussion of possible candidates for
>the vacant Office of Emergency Management in Concord:
>
>"Others seeking the job include former House Chief of Staff Lee Marden and
>former Sununu aide Ed Lecius who will soon be out of work with a corporate
>purchase the WMVU-AM station in Nashua where he is general manager."
>
>OK, who wants to move heaven and earth to find out about this?
>
>-Pete
>petef@sprynet.com

Over the weekend (only tried to tune in once), WMVU seemed to be off the
air. Have not tried to check this morning. I think a sale was reported in M
Street Journal a week ago. All those big outfits blend together for me (just
like the programming), but I seem to recall it's the one that owns 232
stations, none of which has extremely high billings.

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205