Re: WWYZ/WPKX (was Globe 'WLKB')

Steve Ordinetz characterizes Providence/Fall River as "ethnic" markets.

True, but there are plenty of "ethnics" in Connecticut, too, especially
outside Fairfield County, where WWYZ is a minor player anyway. The
primary ethnicities of central Connecticut are Italian, Polish and
Hispanic (primarily Puerto Rican). I don't imagine WWYZ is doing too
well among the Hispanics, but I'd imagine that Polish- and
Italian-Americans (and Ukrainian-German-Jewish-Americans like me) listen
to the station in numbers proportional to the "Anglo" audience.

Maybe some of the the Portuguese- and Italian-Americans of Providence
and Boston aren't as well assimilated as those of Connecticut. But
they're not listening to ethnic radio in great numbers; they're
listening to dance, CHR, AC and oldies. How are these formats more
"ethnic" than country?

Howard